This practice recommends that persons who have travelled over the past month or who may have come into contact with others who have been investigated or confirmed with 2019-nCoV, to contact the practice by telephone in the first instance.
Known symptoms are lower respiratory illness (cough and difficulty breathing), and fevers. A person can be infectious for a period of two weeks and it is vital that those at risk self isolate in the interest of others and the spread of the illness.
We request that you do not present in person to the practice before calling in advance so we may make preparations for your arrival.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Australian Hearing and My Tooth Doctor attend this practice.
Please contact the practice directly for more information on 47707244.
Are you under 20 and unsure if you are up to date with your childhood vaccinations?
The Australian government Department of Health will now provide FREE catch up vaccines to under 20 year olds. Make an appointment to speak to your G.P., you may need vaccinations to travel overseas, work as a health professional or attend some tertiary level courses.
Shingles can be very painful and lead to serious, long term complications for older people. There is now a FREE vaccine available for people aged 70-79 years old. Talk to your doctor or one of our nurses if you are eligible and interested in this vaccination.
Blepharoplasty is the removal of excess skin from the upper eyelid, where the skin may be restricting the field of vision. Blepharoplasty is performed by Dr Vladimir Hasa at the Balgal Beach and Bluewater Medical Practices and the Bushland Beach Medical Centre. Dr Hasa is a General Practitioner with a special interest in the removal of skin cancers. He is not a plastic surgeon.
If the excess skin on your upper eyelid is reducing your field of vision, you should consult with an Optometrist who will confirm this and provide you with a referral for the Blepharoplasty procedure.
With a referral you will receive a rebate of approximately $299.00 from Medicare.
If the skin on your upper eyelid is not obstructing your vision, the procedure is considered cosmetic, and there is no rebate from Medicare.
Cost of procedure performed on both eyelids:
- With Optometrist referral - $1000.00 with a rebate available from Medicare of approximately $299.00
- No referral (Cosmetic) - $1100.00 inclusive of GST, no Medicare Rebate applies.
An appointment is required to discuss the procedure and any associated risks.
Please contact our Reception staff to arrange a consultation time.